Friday, November 5, 2010

mish-mosh

Wow, I really pay attention to blogging, don't I.

Our trip to Pennsylvania over the Thanksgiving weekend was great - living in an RV with friends from the area at a campsite. There was a small water park near by with slides, a play area, and a lazy river that went a little to fast to be called lazy. We took our truck, so there was room to bring our bikes along. A, M, and I had fun with the freedom the campsite allowed us: being able to go together and bike on the paths was a blast , especially with the hills that were perfect for whizzing down, and using the momentum it gave us to go up the next one. The leaves were nearly at their peak that weekend, and the hills were speckled with orange, yellow, red, and some green. One day we went to Bushkill Falls. The falls towered over the decks, and the wood was slick the humidity. Me and my sisters had some fun pretending to dance on the wet wood. The stairways were killer on my muscles, though. One part it was wider and more flat, while we went along a side-stream to get to same more whitewater. I felt like I was in Lord of the Rings or some kind of story: with the leaves just the right shade, the little creek, and huge boulders with moss, it look like somewhere elves would live. Leaping from one rock to the next was one of my favorite ways to get along, especially right next to the small stream. Needless to say, the falls were a great experience. I really hope we can go there next year, or maybe sooner.

In recent news, bass lessons are going well. I'm working with a metronome now, and getting into the song on the threes and fours. It's hard, but it gives the songs a different feel to them.

School - 'nuff said.

I've been reading sci-fi and fiction recently, with some classical on the side - 'Lioness Rampant" by Tamora Pierce, 'Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox' by Eoin Colfer, and 'Great Expectations' by Charles Dickens.

I loved the snow we had on Halloween. My sisters and I had been staying at a friend's house while my mom and dad had been away. On the Saturday night, my sister were sleeping over at a different friend's house while I stayed at the... anyway, right before we started to watch the new Alice in Wonderland, it was sleeting outside. You know, the yucky half snow, half rain. After the movie finished, there snow was a couple inches thick and it was so pretty!
It was even better on Halloween. The trees along the highway looked like a postcard, or a painting!

I think I'm up to date now... :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you blogged again!!!
    I like reading what you have been doing!
    SNOW...oh no!!!! It is 17 degrees here today (but wet!)

    ReplyDelete