Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stuff to say

I'm not apologizing for not updating, cause I know I'll do it again.

Needless to say, a bunch of things have happened. I'll get to my vacation in a minute.

Tomorrow will be full. We'll be heading into town to set up for the Good Friday service. Right after that, I'll be leaving the church with a group of youth for No Other Name. It's a youth event from 11 to 10 ish where we hang out, do workshops, and worship. Last year I had a lot of fun, though I'm never going to volunteer when they ask for 'brave souls' anymore.

My bass is coming along nicely. I'm learning the kind of stuff right now that is boring and annoying, but I need to learn to become a better player. I like playing it, and I taught my self to play 'Happy Birthday' and 'Toeknee Chestnut'. Yeah, not that amazing. :)

I've been driving tractor on occasion. Not long distances, just around the farm yard when we're cleaning out brush and things like that. It's fun and not as hard as I worried it would be. The big difference between it and a car is that it's much easier to run over things and people, so even though the tractor moves slow, you need to be careful where you're going.

We have a new dog, Meme. She's a small German Shepard, and she looks even smaller next to Sam, who is big for his breed. But she's really sweet, quiet, and friendly, and her and Sam get along ok.

Sadly, after getting a new dog, we had to get a new hamster... Meme's first Sunday at home out of her kennel wasn't a good day for our other pet, Sparrow. Our new hamster's name is Cappuccino, Cappi for short. She's a light cream and white color, with black blotches on her ears.

I've finished the Percy Jackson and Olympian series after buying the last book. I liked the series a lot. It was creative and funny, with good battle sequences (a very important part to me) and use of Greek mythology. I'm looking forward to getting the next series of his. I also just finished The Sword of Mercy and Inkheart. I liked them both very much, and I proffered the book Inkheart over the movie.

Now. My posts about my vacations will be in separate sections, to make reading easier. The first one will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment